• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asetek releases Vapochill Extreme Edition (XE) system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ge|atinousFury

Well, here we have another contender for a premade xtreme cooling system. What are your thoughts on this??? It looks pretty good to me, rated at 180w of cooling and runs with R404, NOT R134A. The temp claims are -4'C load / 0W @ -35'C. I was thinking of getting a Prometia Mach I or II, but now this comes out to hinder my decision making process:D I guess they released this as a counter to Chip-Con's release of the Prometia Mach II.

I can't link directly, but to see the Vapochill XE:

1. Go to www.asetek.com
2. In the left hand menu, click on "news archive"
3. Click on "Product and Technology"
4. Find the press release for Vapo XE (should be near top), then click the "go" button below it

Last edited:
Interestinly enough, they are offiering wc kits now too.

I was kinda annoyed though, the "waterchill" name implied they were selling chillers :rolleyes:

Looks like strong competition considering the exorbitant prometia machII prices.

I knew it wasn't going to be long before they released a new version of the Vapo. I'm glad they have a new version. Now the prices on the PE and SE should drop a good bit. I'm hoping they will drop about $75 or more. Only thing I don't like about the XE is that they didn't change the case.

if the compressor is still that weak little one, and the microfreezer is the same, it won't have much better performance then the regular SE and PE vapo's.
the compressor of a vapochill is just too small to effectivly use R404a, while it can use it, it just doesn't do much.
the Microfreezer head is just too small the disipate the heat fast enough too.

I can't wait to see the real specs, and real insides.
-35c just looks like normal prometeia temps, with the 869 Euro Price tag (well over a grand for us in the US) it's gonna be a hard sale.

NiTrO bOiE said:
-5 to -6c below the PE isn't worth the extra money.
Good point.
It doesnt seem that the MachII improves a overclock over a MachI either.
So maybe we will just see lower prices of the standard Vapo and Prommie ?
I guess I need to see some reviews

As you all know we always stated that low temperature isn't always the primary driver but a good tool. If you study the graph you'll see that the evaporator temperature isn't much lower than the PE, but the core temperature is lowered between 10 and 15'C, and this is what matters.

Even if the evaporator was one square meter it wouldn't help. The evaporator covers both the AMD and intel cores, why there is absolutely no reason to make the evaporator bigger. Also as Copper is a worse conductor than coolant, the evaporator is optimized with a thin a bottom as possible and still be capable of holding the increased pressure of R404a.

Back