• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A crazy predicererment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kazr

Registered
My case temperatures where soaring because my intake fans do about nothing, and my out take fans aren't much better. So just a little bit ago I ripped open my old 66 mhz computers and took out their intake fans. The problem is they use the 2 pin connectors (kind that you connect to a floppy), and my power supply only has one on it (not using a floppy, who needs them?)

Now my question is, is there any way I can get two plugged into one? I am kind of short on cash right now :| thanks :}

Most motherboards come with @least one 2pin connnetor on it for a chasis fan.

Look @ the motherboard layout in the manual and see if you can find it.

I you are in the mood to do a custom job buy a spool of wire, does not have to be more than maybe 20 gauge, and either solder it into one of the 12v connectors and simply fold it over itself and push it in. Both ways will work but the non-solder way will come out if it is pulled on.

Thank You,
Daniel

Doh! I have 2 of those on my motherboard, and I was just wondering what they where used for. Thanks!

Just for future reference, those 2 pin connectors of the motherboard are called 'fan headers' (most of the time 3 pin, positive, negative, and RPM sense wire)

Back