• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 Wont power up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knif_00

Put my A7V333 with a 1700+ in this morning and tossed the RAM and Vid Card in just to make sure it would post, get into the BIOS, and play with some settings. Plugged it in and hit the power button and all the fans (chassis, cpu fan, VidCard cooler and PSU fan) turned about a quarter of an inch and then stop. The LED on my CPU cooler even lit up. The 5V on the mobo lights up as well.
But like I said it all just moved a quarter of an inch or so and stopped. I tried the PSU in another slower and less power hungry system this evening when I came to work and it powered it just fine.
Possibility that that board wont boot with out a certain size PSU?
The psu I have now is 300 Watts and is 2 years old. It was powering my rig last night. (the rig is in my sig)
I'm going to try w/ a larger PSU tonight when I get off work.
Any ideas?

::knif_00::

(bump w/update)
First problem solved on my own, took a while but I got it lined out.
We took the mobo out and placed it on a phonebook and it fired right up so it was just a short to the case. We got that taken care of and now we have run into another problem.
This board has the Post Reporter so it talks to you and we are getting the "SYSTEM FAIL CPU TEST" error.
We tried tossing my buddies 1900+ Pally in and it did the same thing and when we threw my 1700+ DLT3C XP in his, it worked.
So it's not the CPU. And in a sense it isn't the motherboard because everything gets the power it is looking for and the Post Reporter does talk, with that the MoBo isn't "ENTIRELY" dead.
I'm hoping I've just overlooked a jumper somewhere because I bought the board ignorantly enough off of an individual used, but he also claimed to be using it last week and I got a great deal ( if it does work )
Anyways, step two. . any ideas??
I'm waiting patiently.

This place has done nothing but go downhill in the last 6 months.
Even if you do get a reply, its someone complaining about how you didnt do a search first.
That is the premise of a message board, to get answers by asking questions if you dont know where else to turn.
Most of the time when you do a search you get a bunch of unrelated B.S.

Just go ahead and delete the thread please, it doesnt do anything just sitting here.

hi

i had this board and had simarlar problems (my fault though!)

a guy told me this from cold hold the insert key or delete key cant remember which now? but try both and keep your finger pressed down then with your other hand power up!

it worked for me! but make sure you are set to JUMPER FREE! in bios!

let us know?

Finally a little input
Thanks bro, I appreciate it.
Problem solved but I figured it out about 3 hours ago.
There was a small short, I'm up and running to an extent now.
Cant wait to get home from work (yes, i bruoght it with me so id have something to do) and then i can get the VIA updates installed.

Thanks again for caring :D

Dag YO!
Nice OC on that 1700+
What cooling are you using??
I cant wait to get the latest drivers installed when I get home so I can overclock mine!!!
We got mine to boot@ 160 last night, then we had some video issues hehe we didnt have the driver discs handy and all that so the video crapped out on default drivers and some aggresive timings.
Ill post my OC when I get it done.

Back