• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 12 volt line is nuts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentfire

well this concludes an extremely long story that involves me recieving a new 1900 pally from amd b/c i thought my 1900 pally was defective. the temps on my old 1900 pally ( the one i sent back) were way too high so i sent my cpu back and they sent me a new 1900 pally. I put the pally into my a7v333 and again the temps were high. I then thought that it might be my mobo. so i put my 1800 t-bred 9 which has always ran cool) into the a7v and it ran hot too. so i put my newly recived pally into the a7n-8x that my 1800t-bred was in and the temps were low, in the 40's. so clearly my a7v was to blame. I also notcied that my 12v line in my a7v-333 was crazy compared to the 12v in my 8x, it is about 12.12 in my 8x with either the pally or the t-bred and about 13.13 in my a7v333 with either the pally or the t-bred. any ideas why my 12v line is over 13 in my a7v, could this be the cause of the high temps i get in any cpu that is in my a7v????

ps both systems are using enermax power supplies.

what are you using to measure you're 12v line? you would need to measure it with a multimeter otherwise you can't trust what you get from your MB or any monitoring program...if you look around in the other threads you'll see this and also how to check your 12v line with a multimeter...

as for your temps? are you overclocking at all? what kind of heatsink/fan are you using? need more info to help you...

if its (12 volt line) realy out it could (not actuly sure this is a stab in the dark) cause the voltage to the cpu to be too high as well try droping the v-core and see if its stable under prime and cooler.
the power supply could couse premiture death of your mainboard if it is realy that high.
swap the power supplys over to test to see if its the board or that psu.

well actually the psu im using is new. i bought this new one b/c i thought the problem might be my old crappy psu. but ofcourse my new psu didnt help. im almost completely sure it my mobo. my 12v line is about 13.12 and my vcore is hovering aroung 1.792, when its set to 1.750 in my bios.

oh yeah is there a way to lower my vcore in the bios, b/c in my bios the lowest the vcore will go is 1.750. if i could lower it it might drop my temps and i could aviod sending this thing back to asus and have no system for a couple weeks.

Back