• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Bios... anyone try it yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EspElement

looks like epox fixxed up there site too heh

anyone know if the new bios helps for overlocking or not?

www.epox.com

sry i cant get a direct link it sint leting me...
has alot of numbers and things and it cuts it out

Kango said:
Damn my system is oced so I can't try it. I wish I could try it and to see how it work.

er.. why does that matter? i've always flashed BIOS while overclocked... never had a problem.

But anyway, I flashed this last week, not seen any improvements really, bout the same as before, still using same overclock.

new bios at epox.com id 6-11-03 :)

if your thinking 8RDA im sry its a 8RDA+ that i was talking about

My bad, that bios is for 8rda3+ or something but the name is the same format as regular 8rda bios' for some reason.

Do you guys use the old dos method or the windows bios installer ? Impressions on the windows version ?

I use DrDos or the Alt+F2 method.
There is a new 8rda bios btw it's just not on the USA site.. it really sucks though, i switched back.

So far, so good with the bios update. it adds nforce2 ultra 400 support (which was a problem to begin with), adds an auto setting for memory volt setting, and such. also, my first board cooked the irq steering part by only doing a vid card bios flash!
(possibly my fault) but anyway, the new board is just fine now. 210 x 10 on a t-bred 1700+ with cas 2 333MHz memory (brand unknown) with a modded coolermaster hsc-v62 ducted with an 80mm fan, running 1.75 Vcore unmodded Vdd, and everything cranked up, including PCI Bus speed (39MHz).
Just my $.02 worth

39mhz bus is very deadly... try to get that to 33... 39 can cause hard drive corruption

Back