• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ and Thermaltake? HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmBo

Registered
Hey all! I jsut set up my new rig today and I'm new to the forums. :) However, I am having a problem that I don't think is right. I am running a 2100+ at 2.2Ghz with an SLK800A and a TT smart fan II. However, my thermaltake case thinks my CPU is idleing at 55C!!

How can I test my CPU mobo temp and get a REAL reading? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
-Ambo

Did you check in the bios and with the USDM program that comes with the motherboard?
If it's still really high you may need to reseat your heatsink.

I just did, and it says 43C in bios, but my fan controller says 55C...I guess OCing it wierds it out...that sucks...

What does the base of the hs look like? i used a slk800 for a while w/2500+@2309mhz=38c idle-45c load. i ordered 2 1 for me 1 for a friend 1 was great the other needed alot of lapping. so it ran hot untill we hand lapped it. just a gess. good luck.:thup:

When I first installed my SLK800A my temps were 49c at load. After checking it I found it wasn't seated properly and after fixing it my temps dropped drasticaly.

Back