• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CDRW Installation Problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

Anybody else had a problem installing a CD burner on this board, which I think is XP's problem. For some reason in XP I keep getting a stop error (BSOD) and then it reboots and it just barely gives me enough time to glance at the error screen. The whole screen is almost filled up with error info. I had a dvd and cdrom drive and let the cdrw/dvd drive take the cdrom drive's place and i'm getting a resource conflict. Is there any way to resolve this? When you right click on the optical drives it doesn't give you an option to change or resolve any resource conflicts. I'm afraid anyone from Windows would give me the runaround and say talk to the mobo manufacturer, or both would say talk to the drive manufacturer, and they say, well, you get the point. Thanx in advance for any help.

I figured it out. It was the IDE controller drivers. I had to use an older driver.

I forgot exactly what I done. Ithink I just installed the older drivers from the mobo cd or installed newer drivers and then rolled back to my older drivers in XP, or something like that. It was kinda confusing but there was some little trick I had to do or just done anyway to get it to work. I dread having to reinstall XP again because I forgot half of what I needed to do for this board to run on XP with my CDRW and HDD.

Back