• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How about this for a water block design?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arabarabian

As I was reading the thread about the waterblocks on E-Bay I had an idea for a water block myself. Why not have a waterblock combined with a heatsink? This would allow you to do some cooling right at the core. So here I what I sketched up quickly. It is not the best picture but it is a picture.
untitled.bmp

Thank You,
Daniel

Last edited:
There have been a few waterblocks made like this, but they usually don't perform all that well. I think if you designed a really well performing stand alone waterblock, and then added fins to it like a heatsink, it really wouldn't make much of a difference at all. A good waterblock will remove most of the heat into the water, so the block itself doesn't get very warm at all. Besides, isn't the point of watercooling, trying to reduce noise?

Yeh many people like water cooling because it can be quiter. I personally don't mind a noisy computer.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back