• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ is running excellent on my old KT7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warcraft

Has anyone got the experience running a Barton on KT7 ?
I just validated although I had never thought that my KT7 could use a latest AMD processor. It was still a Duron 700 last week but now it is a Barton 2500+ on my KT7 after a friend's recommendation to use upgradeware AMD CPU adaptor XP-TMC. Barton 2500+ stock frequency is 166*11= 1,833MHz. I then set the multiplier to 20X (100*20= 2,000MHz) on the XP-TMC adaptor, I was able to reach at 2000MHz:D Everything went fine- no problems at all. I am very happy to see a big performance on my KT7 now after upgrading to a Barton 2500+. :cool:

I though about installing a XP1700 or something at one time, but I've come to realize that I could I run the CPU wicked fast but it would be starved for memory bandwidth. I've decided to upgrade everything instead.
You (and I) are being held back by the KT133 with it's 100Mhz FSB limitation; I bet your Sandra mem bandwiths are only marginally better than before.

I feel the performance improving a lot than before. It is pretty solid stable when playing warcraft 3. Unlike before, system would not go well if over 4 players. Theretically, memory bandwiths will not increase. I tried sandra bandwiths but the same result. (After all, mine is PC-100) Nevertheless, the performance of "cache and memory" increase a lot (Barton L2 cache 512K) and system has got a significant improvement overall.

Back