• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech 7aja2e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrawlerZX

i dunno if this should be in the volt mod thread bu this is a request

how do i change the voltage of my cpu. it's not in the bios althoug the mutiplier is on the bios plz help. my cpu becomes unstable after 10 Mhz

i have the following
mobo already know
cpu duron 1.3
V card 9000 pro 64
mem generic 512 stick

300 w power supply

tnx

would this 7aja2e mobo be able to support an 1800+ thouroughbred? with 266 bus? and 12/5/01 bios?

http://www.chaintechusa.com/ is the page that you are looking for.

Also I say no, dont try a tbred in that board. I had a KT7A Raid mobo with the same chipset and I torched the board trying a Tbred on it. I would bet though that a Pali chip would work fine on that board. You may also want to check and see if you have the latest bios before trying an Athlon XP pali chip on that board.

You should try a Tbred in that board. I have a Tbred in my KT7A and tried it in my friends Soyo KT133 board and it fired right up.

Lots of people are running Tbreds in KT133 and KT133A motherboards. For the KT133 boards you have to run them on the 100 bus but you can do it.

If you have a friend that has a Tbred, give it a try.
I would bet it works.

but mine has a VIA KTE133 + VT82C686B
and would it mess up the CPU or Mobo if it's no compatible?

The problem is the new Tbred has a 5 fid design for multipliers. You won't mess anything up. I have put them in boards that do not officially support them you have to play around with the multipliers.

Don't rush out and buy one but if you have a friend that has one give it a try, 99 percent of the old boards will run them. You might have to physically alter the L3 bridge to give you a higher multiplier but that is not too hard.

Back