• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

meanwell s-240-24

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope. The one you listed is a 24V output not 12V. The Meanwell you NEED is the S320-12 which supplies 25 amps at 12V. If you are getting into TEC cooling make sure you do a LOT of homework unless you want to fry your rig.

i was expecting it. I just found an offer on ebay and I thought it may do the job. i think i ll stick with the s320-12 model. thanks

For $19 that is a good deal!!! Too bad it's the wrong voltage. If I were you I would get it and find a peltier that runs on voltages in that range.

NiTrO bOiE said:
For $19 that is a good deal!!! Too bad it's the wrong voltage. If I were you I would get it and find a peltier that runs on voltages in that range.

172w tec;)

Ct. Strangelove said:
the amperage needed for a 172w tec is too high

please, do me a favor and do calculations and think before posting messages too fast:p

default 172w tec @24.6 will need 11.3amps

meanwell s-240-24 powe supply
will do 10amps @ 24
DC Adjust Voltage-----±10% of rated output voltage
10% of 24v is 2.4v, 2.4v-24v=21.6v@10amps

172w 24v tec @21.6v will need 9.9amps, therefore it will work ;)

KLowD9x said:
wouldnt the output amperage increase if the output voltage was decreased?

in many cases that I have seen thats true, but I only take it if the spec state it, why becuase if it fries it will be under guarranty, so if they don't state it I don't take the chance;)

cool thanks for the math!! I was wrong it looks like it can power a 172. I have a meanwell 320-12 and the voltage goes from 8.5 ~ 13.8. I guess it will work!

Back