• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

optimal blowhole locations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pummer

fans.jpg

OK. I'm looking at cutting one blowhole (as shown on the top of the case picture) and one intake hole (the square on the side of the case). Are the locations I have shown good lcoations? Currently I have two rear exhaust fans (plus the PSU) and two front intake fans. Will these proposed mods disrupt my airflow or help it? Will the top hole draw too much air away from the CPU?

(yes, my digicam sucks, and yes, i did this in Paint.)

That looks like they are good locations to me. You would get a get blance of intake/exhaust and the air would go by the CPU.

Thank You,
Daniel

I have a question relating to this as well, and since the topic is the same I don't think it's necessary to post it in its own topic.

Anyways, would it be better to take duct work from the side of the case right to the heatsink, or would it be better just to put a fan blowing cold air on the heatsink that would be attached to the side of the case.

Thanks arabarabian, i was just worried that The top blowhole would pull too much air away from the important parts.

I got two little 80mm fans w/ 7v mod at bottom and top of case (2 in, 2 out) and one 120mm fan half over the vid card/ cpu, no dead spot from fan this way

I'd just go with the one around the PCI slots and CPU area of the board.

If you blow more in, it'll come out trust me LoL!

I would go with 120mm but for now i have tons of 80mm laying around and no bigger ones -- and i can always cut bigger later.

Just make sure the side is by your vid card...thats what they are really for, and they may/may not provide a higher vid card overclock

Just my 2 cents

well, as of now i have no video card (nforce mobo) but i probably will get one in the future. I'm thinking of an intake directly under the handle and a blowhole on top.

Back