• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aluminum fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the fact that fan dbA ratings are usually not what they say, I imagine that these wouldnt be too far off (nor would too many fans). But I personally have never noticed any reason to buy "Aluminum fans". IIRC, most of the fans are just plastic w/an aluminum foil (thicker than the wrapping kind) around all of it. I could be wrong, but the ones I've felt had this sort of build. And i wouldnt really want anything that is more conductive than plastic for my fans...becuase most normal fans I think tend to have a warm spot in the middle (not only from the electricals being there, but the fact that airflow isnt directed in that area, only around it.), I'm sure that it wouldnt take the temperature in that area too high, but hey I can be pretty picky :rolleyes:

Well, im not sure about how quit they are, but If my thinking is correct I doubt that there would be much of a difference if any.

i have the same fans in the 120mm version, and they are dead silent when ran @ 5 volts or 7 volts.. but at 12volts they push so much air which causes them to transfer a bucketload of vibrations. No way are the 120mm fans of that brand 30dba :p

......just had to pick the 20$ fan. sorry. not going to pay 2x as much for a fan.

okay......if i dont get any other recomendations i will go with the enermax. i have one now and its silent. with the others im not sure, and i seems like others here arent sure either.

The frames on the AL fans look like they're solid extrusions... That's also what the description claims in a couple places. The fan blades themselves look too shiny to be AL... they're probably just painted plastic.

They are probably extremely close to each other. It almost seems like the al. would be louder but that is just my first thought.

Thank You,
Daniel

wonder why more people don't at least try them if they cost less than panaflos and spec'ed at 25db

Back