• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Able to Upgrade My Water Cooling With Peltier For $100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gkeuler8

Well I did some odd jobs and accumlated 100$, woohoo, now my watercooling is nice but I really want to have some extreme cooling! Was wonderin if it's able to upgrade my computer with a Peltier Compadible PSU and a peltier,

Current psu- 300w 3.3 +5= 180

Well it depends on the TEC module you are looking at. If you want one of the 226W ones then it will cost over 100 for just the dedicated PSU you NEED to run it. The 226W TEC modules demand ~22 amps of continuous amperage on the 12V line of the PSU.

upgrade it with a water chiller for the same price :D

there are no pelts worth running that can be run of a 300w power supply that already has a system on it.

Either A:
Get a minifridge

or B:
Get a refrigerated water bath (lab equipment) off ebay.

yeah my rig consists of
226w on cpu
172w on gpu
80w on chipset.

I get aimply amazing results but the power supplys alone + the chiller to cool the tec's for maximum efficantcy cost more than a single mach II phasechange but then again I can cool my whole setup..

Back