• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best noise/performance ratio on ttsfII

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamezj

Registered
basically subject says it all. i just got a thermaltake smart fan II and i have been messing around with the speed throttle. i know full speed is way too loud but i want the best performance for the least amount of noise. anyone know about what rpm is the best performance wise compared to the amount of noise is put out?

jamezj are you using this as a case fan or do you have it mounted on your cpu heatsink?? if it's on the heatsink, use the thermal sensor, it works amazingly well, speeds up when there's a lot of heat, slows down when it's at idle....

i keep mine slightly below 3500 rpm. any more than that, and the fan starts producing a higher pitched noise that i don't particularly enjoy. :D

im using it as a cpu fan on top of a slk-800u.
where exactly do i put the thermal sensor? on the cpu die under the hs or what?

you're supposed to put it inside the cpu socket, then place the cpu ontop

btw that's where the cpu socket sensor for your board is located

it works very well, give it a try

p.s. i would recommend againsn't putting it between teh cpu and heatsink, it will either be too cold or too hot there

Back