• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X revisions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[M0F0]

Registered
Hi guys

i just RMA'd my A7N8X-Deluxe

i previously had a Rev 1.06 board

now its a 1.04

is there any difference in the too?

should i be complaining ??

cheers
:)

1.04 and 1.06 are the same, 1.06 may have a newer/better/different nb/sb revision(A3 i think) but the 2 boards are the same....

asus has already said that their policy on rma's is that they will replace an x revision board with another x revision board but a few lucky ppl have actually gotten rev 2.0 after rma'ing their 1.04/1.06 ...

Its not guarantee. If you do get a new board from a reseller you could find someone selling only Rev 2. but an RMA is a shot in the dark.

if you're going to go buy an a7n8x make sure you tell them you want a revision 2.0 and look inside the box FIRST or get them to give this to you in writing that the board is a revision 2.0

the rev2 boards performs very slightly lower than the 1.04 but it's the better mobo, they fixed many of the bugs on the earlier pcbs.....

to get the rev2 to be more stable they had to slow it down

don't worry, it's an insignificant amout...

check between pci slots 2 and 3, it'll tell you what revision the board is

Back