• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

diode vs socket temp question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

is it normal to have a 20C difference between the two, under load? i never really paid attention to it til i was testing to see what my cpu would give while i was upping my voltage....i'm waiting for my SK7 and TMD fan to get in so i can replace my V9...anyone want a lapped V9 in a week or two?...

IMHO I never trust anything anyone says unless they've referanced the CPU scale (not jsut two numbers) to an external source first...

The diodes have the ability to be just as accurate, but in practice they're jsut as far off as in socket's so.

If you're stable you're fine. Nothing is uncommon when you're talking about any temp sensor connected to in any way to the motherboard.

it happens and it's posible

with my paly my diode temp was like 25C and my socket temp was like 35C+ with my volcano 9

with the same motherboard but with my tbredb and slk-800 i get 41C for the die/core and 37C for socket

i think if you have a powerful fan with an overhang on your cpu heatsink, you are more likely to get lower socket temps compared to die temps

Back