• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-800 Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeke968

I just installed my SLK-800 yesterday and my temps are 35c idle and 47c load under prime95. I'm using ASIII and I'm pretty sure the hs is seated properly.

Does anyone know why the load temps are so high?

Oh yeah, case temps are only 31c - I have excellent front to rear airflow, 3 fans in and 3 fans out.

What fan are you using on that heatsink? I've got a Vantec Stealth on my 900U, and if I were getting temps like that, I'd be ecstatic.

it's hot as hell here so my case temps are usually 32c+ and my idle core temp is 41-42C, with prime95 temp is 51C

as long as your temps are cpu die/core temps they are very nice

you're using the smartcasefan, are youusing the sensor to speed up/down the rmps? that's the best way to go imo

I was hoping my load temps would drop more after changing from the Volcano 9 hs because my load temp with that hs was 49c. I'm using the adjustable smartfan that came with the Volcano on the SLK-800 - currenly set a liftoff speed :)

Hopefully it drops a little more after the ASIII breaks in. Thanks fellas!

Those temps sound about right. With an ambient of 24.5C, mine runs at 46C max under load (2100@2295/13.5*170/1.86VCore).

Back