• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Spark 7....good heatsink??????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

Aight, first off, this forum is amazing. I answered most of the questions I had just by flipping through a few of the post! Nice job overclockers.com!

Getting back to what I need to know, I just bought one of those clear acrylic cases and I am building my first PC. I have a general knowledge of computers ans stuff, but I am trying to figure out what Heatsink to buy. I am looking at the Thermaltake Spark 7. I have read a lot of good reviews, but I need to know if this would be a good one to buy. I have P4 2.26ghz processor, 1024 DDR Ram, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and a 470W power supply. All this is sitting on an ASUS P4SDX motherboard. I want to do some overclocking on my CPU, so I need a good heatsink. Is the Thermaltake Spark 7 a good option? If not, what is the best to buy without using water?

Last edited:
I have one, it rocks.

spark1.jpg

spark2.jpg

well, among the best heatsinks are the MCX-4000, the SLK-900, and the CNPS-7000

but the Spark 7 seems like a decent heatsink for the money

I'd get the spark 7 for the money, but if you can afford one of the ones snowwie mentioned, I would get one of those. the zalman cnps6000 isnt as good as the spark 7.

I have decided to go with Swiftech MCX4000. I looked at a lot of reviews and this got outstanding feedback. Thanks snowwie for the helpful advice! I am sure I will have more questions for you guys in about a week when I get all of my stuff in to build my new (and FIRST) PC.

Just a note, my temps after the 72 hour cure time for arctic silver are 30c Idle and 38c Load, thats at a fan setting of 5,000 RPM. My Spark 7 fan can hit 7,000 RPM, hehe.

Back