• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the filds that nobody talks about In 8RDA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavy666

I allways see ppl talking about the FSB and things like that, but 1.what should I put in voltage of agp for exemple.
should I change it to get a better agp overclock.
2.and what about the apperture size (I probably wrote it wrong).
3.should I change the voltage of the ram?
4.why the hell epox put the VDD volt option if it cant be changed.
5. is there anything that I should change to get a bettter overclock?

thanks

1 Leave it @ default 1.5 I think.
2 What ever you agp card size is. ( 64 mb geforce etc)
3 If you ram starts to fail then you can sometimes up the voltage to get a better overclock on your ram.
4 You can but you will have to do the vdd mod to increase the voltage to the NB in order to get a higher fsb. But you will need cooling on the NB, mosfet, and SB.
5. Make sure you have cpu throttling disabled and any extra freatures you aren't using sound, serial, game etc.

or you could just read this, http://www.8rdafaq.com/Epox_nForce2/index.php

jonspd said:

2 What ever you agp card size is. ( 64 mb geforce etc)

This isnt really true, there are tons of theorys on this and most people say different things like this or half your system ram ect.. Really you just have to test it for yourself on your unique system and see what gives the most performance.. although it dosent make a big difference.

q149 said:

This isnt really true, there are tons of theorys on this and most people say different things like this or half your system ram ect.. Really you just have to test it for yourself on your unique system and see what gives the most performance.. although it dosent make a big difference.

ìt sounds good to me.
someone told me some days ago that I should put half of the video card mem.
in my case 64mb.

I always set it to 64mb for 128-256 of system ram, and 128mb for 512 or more.

IT doesn't really matter. Just don't put it under 32MB as certain AGP modes will be disabled and the card can't address things correctly that way. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how large or small you make the aperture, because it can't be FORCED; it is a starting value. If the graphics card needs more main memory to store textures than the aperture specifies, it will use up more.

cV said:
IT doesn't really matter. Just don't put it under 32MB as certain AGP modes will be disabled and the card can't address things correctly that way. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how large or small you make the aperture, because it can't be FORCED; it is a starting value. If the graphics card needs more main memory to store textures than the aperture specifies, it will use up more.

thanks...
I had no idea how it works

Back