• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with a lousy fan rheostat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eus

Registered
Problem with a bad loud fan rheostat?

Hi all..

I currently have a thermaltake volcano 7+... As some of you, this is a loud one...

Originally, it came with a small *rheostat that allowed you to select 3 speed, low, med and high..

Unfortunatly, that little thing broke apart. I need to replace with with another one... However, I don't have a clue on what I need to buy...

I dissasembled it and found that it contained 4 IN4002 in serie for the med level and 4+4 IN4002 in series for low mode. It allow to set speed from 3000-4500 and 6000.

I tried to find the specifications numbers on the net to be able to ask something to the student radioshack guys but I found nothing and I can't just go there and ask them this... They don't know anything about what I'm talking... They just say:

"OH yea! that, you can find it over there..."

Erm, when you ask more precisely:

"Well, it's over there, some where... Can't help you, I'm busy"

Tss... Anyways you get the idea...

Thanks ;)

Karl

Last edited:
Yea but I though there was some specifics range? Ie, that rheostat give resistance from X ohm to X ohm... And that's the information that I don't have...

Or maybe I'm wrong? I just don't want it to go past a certain point... I do have little brother that could get fun by turning the switch -> giving < 500rpm.. hehe bad for a 2400+ oced ;)

Sorry guys to botter you again... I've just reread every thread I found and found some report of rheostat even burning up...

Anyone could explain on how to select our rheostat? Thermaltake specs sayd it have a max amperage of 0.55 A

This monster is just too loud at 6250 rpm :( 45 db, yea right rofl :( More like 71 (recorded on a review from this site))

Back