• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS 14 blows big wind

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

I get blue screens all over the place, I can't get my speed above 2000 Mhz when at 200FSB, and I'm still not even sure it's totally stable, and also, this new AMD system is crashing all my games!!!

WTF! DAoC crashes to the desktop even when my vidcard isn't OC'd, and UT2003 gets SOOOO many errors! Jeez!

Did you start getting these errors after updating the bios, but not before. I have suspected 1.4 might cause problems, but more people are complaining about the MB issues than are testing it see if it is the bois.

I am waiting on an RMA for a hard drive before I reinstall windows before I run benchmarks to test the 2 bios's for stability. I have troubles with running prime when my system in underclocked, so I am interested where the issue is.

-edit- Of course, I just checked your sig, and you are running pc2700 at 200MHz. That could be your problem.

CPU interface is enabled and before I installed BIOS14, I was running my memory at 400 with no problems whatsoever. In my old intel system, the sticks ran at 416 without any problems either.

Is there a way to switch back to the old BIOS and is there a way to figure out which BIOS I was using?

Just reflash using the v1.2

If you bought it recently, it most likely had v1.2

I don't know if the newest ones are shipping with v1.4 yet

1.4 is working great for me, sorry it didn't for you.

When you reflash, there's nothing of the previous data left as it all gets overwritten by whatever you're flashing with.

i have tried to fo through all the bioses for this board, and i get no difference in overclock, but i guess maybe it depends on the board as they might vary a little

Back