• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slk-800 :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michaelkahl

I am rather dissapointed with my slk-800 temps...I'm using a tt smart fan II at full throttle. I load windows at 47c??? That is a cpu diode temp. I backed it down to stock speeds from the get go to see what kind of results it would show...my Volcano 9 was giving me similar temps...I have the fan blowing air down on the cooler is this incorrect for this model or will it not make to much of a diff. BTW I have a 120mm blow hole on the side taking air in. I'd figure this with my two exhuast fans would bee good for the cooling, but there isn't any difference it seems. Any suggestions?

What are your ambient and system temps? Mine runs 46C max under load with 24.5C ambient/32C system. The SLK-800 should have the fan blowing onto it. Have you tried reseating the HS and reapplying the thermal compound?

i recently got the slk-800a and i love it, also using the same fan as you

case: 32-33C, die/core: 41-42C, 3000rpm, it's close to 30C outside, damn hot!

yesterday was a very cool day so my case temp was 29C and my core/die temp was 37-38C!!!!

are you using arctic silver 3? is your fan blowing onto the heatsink? what's the case temp? what's your vcore at?

That is weird, I just installed the 800a with the SF II and I'm 35-36C load with fan at 3/4. My room temp is 72ish. With all fans turned down to min including the SF II it only went up to 42C load.

Is your room temp real high? How much air you have moving through case?

my room temp is 32-33 c so these temps feel high...i had my volcano 9 on earlier today bringing in the same temps with the 120mm fan turned off..that fan drops the temp -3c on average so i know the airflow in the case works

update...i checked the mounting and I didn't have her mounted correctly....she was leaning forward on the clip....I reseated her and i boot windows at 37c :) thats a big improvement

edit: I'm running at 2.2GHz...I'm hoping she'll stay stable...so far so good. I ran sandra benchmarks and scored on par with a 3000+ athlon....hopefully she stays stable, btw v-core is 1.65 with an idle temp of 39c :)

Last edited:
Update....I've had this hsf on my cpu for almost two days and here are the results. I've been folding for 12 hours strait and I've never busted over 40c! I know folding isn't the most taxing, but I don't really to care to run P95 or Toast. This computers most taxing program is warcraft 3. No other game gets my computer to heat up as well as that program, and no I haven't played it yet. Its installed on my laptop so I haven't installed it on my desktop yet. My idel temps are 36-37c. The room temp is high 70's low 80's.

Back