• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN78X POSTs at 7.5x243, and 12.5x166 but no go at 9x200???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobP4P

I'm confused....
the good: Just got my a7n8x v2.0 today, with Corsair VALUE SELECT ram and 2500+, and was BLOWN AWAY when I could POST up to 243mhz with sync'd memory and a 7.5x multiplier (just trying to test the limits of the fsb). Next I wanted to test the max clock speed of the CPU, so I set it to 12.5x166=2000mhz, no problem

the bad: It doesn't want to POST at 9x200=1800mhz, even though the cpu is technically UNDERclocked, and I know the board will handle the fsb

what's going on here?!? any suggestions?

POST screen shot

doubtful - that just means he doesnt have a floppy installed but the floppy controller is still enabled. I get the same error but i'm too lazy to turn the controller off lol

yeah, I dont use a floppy, and I was using that error message as a pause screen so I could make sure everything was set up correctly before booting.

but the thing is, when I set it to 9x200, it wouldn't do anything, no info on the monitor what so ever.

I know that POSTing doesn't = stability, but you'd think that if I could get to the post screen at 243mhz fsb, and 2000mhz cpu, I could get the POST screen with 200mhz and 1800 cpu, no?

alot of people can't get thier barton cpu to run at 200+ fsb, it may entirely lay on the cpu in your case.

posting at 243Mhz may have been a fluke, it doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Back