• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Much for Peltier Upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I mean, the total cost of the things needed to get a peltier up and running on my system

The peltier itself costs about £30 for a 172W one. Sizing the peltier is very important as is getting your power supply right, i.e one with enough whack on the +12V rail. In general the biggest one that your PSU will support without stress is the best and will result in lowest temps.

lots of other factros need to be taken into account with pelting. The CPU will run below ambient temps at idle so waterproofing and insulation of the CPU and back of the motherboard is essential.

Ok lets say I have to get a New psu that will support a Peltier and allow me to overclock a amd 1700+ to insane Levels, how much total will the upgrade cost me?

gkeuler8 said:
How much would It cost to install a peltier Onto my current Watercooling system??

need power supply 60-120
need insulation 5-20 (neoprene + dieletric grease)
cold plate 5-20
tec 20-35

Can your water block be adapted to use the tec? If your block wasn't design to use a tec and you only use the clamp pressure of the mobo holes YOU WILL GET BAD TEMPS! to get good performance you need between 100-150 pounds of pressure between cold plate > tec > block ;)

good luck and keep us posted :D

Back