• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Tiger install question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuzzi

Registered
I want to install a Thermaltake Tiger on my northbridge chip on my BH7. I notice that my Tiger did not come wth the foam around the perimeter to keep it level. Is this already mounted on the northbridge on my BH7? Is it hard to remove the goop on the chip? I plan on using AS3. Any tips or help appreciated.

the foam shim thingie that most stock NB coolers have for intel chipsets is not necessary. I don't use one. The NB is still square, and the heatsink will rest on it. The bubble gum stuff is usually no too difficul to remove, just a razor blade will do the trick.

I don't know what mounting mechanism the TT tiger uses but I think the BH7 only uses the clips, and has no holes. If the tiger doesn't agree with BH7 you may need to use epoxy

Thanks snowwie,

The clips will fit the BH7. Did you use Arctic Silver on the chip?

yes, I used AS3

I wouldn't worry about getting AS3 on the flip-chip package, there are a couple of resistors there, but it's not a big deal

Back