• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2800 barton or 2700 tbred??? asus or abit mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buffalobills7

Registered
Hey I am looking for some help on deciding between the 2800 barton with the 512 cashe or the 2700 tbred. I would like to overclock and have herd that both processors are decent. The 2700 is about $45 cheaper. Are the 2700 processors multipliers unlocked? I plan on buying either the abit nf7-s or the asus A7N8X deluxe. Finally…I just bought 2 sticks of pc2700 512MB crucial memory. Will this be sufficient for either of these mobo’s and overclocking?

Lets see, i would go for the Barton for increased performance. I dont think you could OC the 2700 high enough to catch the barton's performance.

I would also get the abit board, i'm sure i wont make any friends saysing that in the Asus forum... But i dont pull punches, if it has problems i tell ya about it....

As for the Memory, Will surfice for a mild OC. I would have purchased at least 3200 for the future. In overclocking, just when you think your satisfied, you can't help but want and go for more.

Personally, I'd grab a cheaper chip like a 2500 and overclock it but if your heart's set on either a 2700 or 2800, go for the 2800. As for motherboards, the Abit NF7-S will consistently beat the A7N8X when it comes to overclocking potential so get the Abit. As for the RAM, I would've gone with at least PC3200 stuff from a more overclocker-friendly company like Corsair but the Crucial stuff is pretty reliable and will run stock settings like a champ.

~THT

Gotta agree with THT With the money you save by getting the 2500 you could invest a little more into RAM. Also Ive heard good things about Hyperx and Buffalo. But Corsair and Crucial are top 3 Memory manufacturers. I would definitely go for the 3200.

2500 barton,or 1700 << with right stepping for both.i prefer the barton(check sig for stepping

Back