• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Learning stuff the hard way!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

OK, I have a Chaintech Appogee 7VJL mobo. All along since I built this comp (first real AMD comp) I have been pi**ed that I havent been able to change the multi with this mobo. The cpu that I had on the mobo was an XP2000 supposed tbred A. Well come to find out after 3 months of beating my head against the wall with this thing (hadnt taken the hsf off till about a week ago) the XP2000 cpu is a freakin pali and that is why I wasnt able to change the multi:mad: . So much for the A--holes down at the computer shop knowing WTF thier own parts are. And so now I know the difference between a pali and a tbredA and tbredB just by looking. I have had an XP1700 tbredA cpu just sitting here for about 2 months that I had bought from Newegg that until now I didnt bother sticking into the comp cause I thought that it would just be a step backwards. I now have a TbredB coming from Excaliber next week. And I also have an Abit KD7 mobo sitting here cause I didnt think that you could change multi's on this Appogee at all lol. Now I have a bunch of parts that I am going to have to liquidate cause I was too lazy to try the 1700 in this board to begin with. And I am also ****ed at all the retarded people who told me by the code off of my XP2000 chip that it was a Tbred A.

Back