• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** A7v8x + Barton Xp3200 ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As the A7V8X don't have the 6'th pci divider it could not be done.
The MB could go as high as 180-185 Mhz but not 200 Mhz, all due to the lack of the divider. The pci clock would be 40 Mhz and I don't think that any hardware would run fine at that speed... CD-rom's and HD's crap out at 35-37 Mhz. So follow my advice and buy a 333 FSB processor... ;)

/Norrko

if you want to spend such a large sum of money on a cpu, i suggest you grab the Abit NF7-S ver. 2.0 and grab a lesser barton and you'll be able to overclock past 400fsb

hi all

Thx for all replys! it was partly to find out if my board can go further than xp3000 ! which it cant to give me some idea as to when to do a mobo swap, i see you have the a7n8x which isnt "OLD" yet and can have this cpu in! (its a durecell battery! keeps going and going...)

so when me gaming is to slow on a xp3000 chip! its time to move on! i just got that splinter cell game (its a ***** but good!) but it recommends 1 gig cpu! these games are getting more demanding all the time...

good piont on the nf7-s and lesser chip? yes theres more than one way to skin a rabbit!

Cheers....

Rotary-Motion said:
hi all

Thx for all replys! it was partly to find out if my board can go further than xp3000 ! which it cant to give me some idea as to when to do a mobo swap, i see you have the a7n8x which isnt "OLD" yet and can have this cpu in! (its a durecell battery! keeps going and going...)

so when me gaming is to slow on a xp3000 chip! its time to move on! i just got that splinter cell game (its a ***** but good!) but it recommends 1 gig cpu! these games are getting more demanding all the time...

good piont on the nf7-s and lesser chip? yes theres more than one way to skin a rabbit!

Cheers....

I don't understand the problem. You say that Splinter Celll require 1 Ghz CPU and you got a XP1700 at 2 Ghz. It's twice as much as minimum requirements...

/Norrko

OK.... Grabbed this from Ubi software's homepage...

In order for the game to run properly on your machine, you must meet the following minimum requirements.

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

800 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon

256 MB RAM

DirectX 8.1

32 MB video card ***

DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

8x speed CD/DVD-ROM drive

1.5 GIG Hard Drive Space
Note: Your color settings must be set to True Color (32 bit).

***Splinter Cell supports the following graphic cards

Nvidia GeForce2 Ti/Ultra/Pro/GTS/MX400/MX

Nvidia GeForce3 family

Nvidia GeForce4 family

Matrox Parhelia

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9500/9700

For optimal performance, it is recommended your computer meet the following requirements.

1000 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon or better

256 MB RAM or better

DirectX 8.1

64 MB video card ***

DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card with surround system

16x speed CD/DVD-ROM drive or better

2.1 GIG Hard Drive Space

It's recommended to use a PIII 1Ghz... or an Athlon...
Your XP1700 is almost a lightyear ahead of these two... There is no need to upgrade to play this game...

/Norrko

hi

sorry norrko the game runs like a steam train! very good!

i was just thinking of the future as us clockers need to keep up on whats happening...

i was just saying how games have taken off now and the requirements are getting bigger like this game is the first i've seen that recommends 1 gig of cpu!

thx all........

You don't have to upgrade for a year... but yes... they implement more and more features... But with that graphic card and memory you have there is no need to worry... ;)

/Norrko

Back