• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-900U: Suck out or blow in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

As per subject.

Which way should I place my fan (92mm Thermaltake) for maximum CPU cooling?

I personally would try BOTH ways. There are so many different varialbes that go into case cooling, IE air flow fan placements, power supply location etc. that I have heard people at TIMES having BETTER results with fan sucking air off heatsink.

takes a few minutes just try it both ways, gluck!

Alphas and Swiftechs work better with sucking... The Thermalright likes to be blown....

roYal: Chi-Town Baby!

Well it all depends. Think of it like this ... If you have something hot around the fan, suck out. You'll remove the heat that it's generating. If you blow in at that location, it'll just circulate the heat around the case, literally a heater. But if there's nothing hot around the fan, blow in. It'll circulate cooler air around the case and cool it off.

I've tried both ways, and since my fan was by my CPU, I experienced _way_ better results sucking out. A lot of people think that blowing in will add cooler air, which is true, but there are times where sucking out can prove to me much more effective.

Back