• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sk-7 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCFreek14

would it be ok if i put my old fan from my old heatsink (the fan is from a thermal take volcano 9 CFM 75.7 MAX about 6 months old) on my new SK-7 Heatsink? or should i by a new fan? and if so whats a good fan to get to put on this heat sink thats fairly inexpensive

hey there!!

I got a 3 sk-7s and I have been using panaflo Ls which are about 4-5 bucks a pop and man at full voltage, 12v its just whisper QUIET!

cant hear a darn thing I def. think you should try that.

BUT if noise isnt a big factor I am sure others here will have much better advice then I do.

I have a V9 also. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fan on top of the V9 the Thermaltake smart fan 2. The same fan that's recommended by so many people on this board. It's an 80mm fan and the sk-7 supports 80mm fans. You shouldn't have a problem mounting it on the sk-7, but you'll have to use the mounting clips that come with the sk-7 and not the screws from the V9.

*edit* As for the fan being 6 months old. It's rated for 50 000 hours which is over 5 years of life so that shouldn't be a problem.

Back