• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Dlx sound Problem while Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DF2Gadgetman

Registered
I have the ASUS A7N8X deluxe version 2.0. This is an awesome mobo but, after a few minutes of playing "Delta Force 2", my sound goes distorted (scratchy) and sounds like the speakers are cracked.

I exit the game and listen to Windows XP default sounds and even played a CD with no distortion in the audio.

I'm puzzled? Is there anyone experiencing the same problem? I've searched ASUS's website for a sound driver upgrade and there wasn't any.

I didnt really want to buy a sound card, but I bought Sound Blaster 5.1 to play my games and disabled the onboard sound.

Gadgetman

it's a very well known issue...

sb gets pretty hot, put a small heatsink on there

but first try this, in devicemanager, goto computer, change acpi to 'advanced config and power interface (acpi) pc'

make sure you unstall sb drivers, shutdown, remove sb, then boot into the bios and enable the onboard audio

btw onboard audio(soundstorm) is said to be better than audigy 2

ACPI "Advance Config" and "Power Interface"

Login211,

I'm running Windows XP Pro and I didnt see a button or tab saying "Advance Config" or "Power Interface". Can you clarify the steps again?

Gadgetman

Back