• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD MotherBoard Password question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DEadLOck

Registered
I have an Award Mother board and my dad likes to put passwords on my computer because he is just weird like that and so everytime i have to go on my comp and try and find out the password and it gets really annoying... does anyone know if there is a backdoor password that actually works..... I have tried all diffrent types of backdoor passwords and none work. i have even tried programs and they all suck also so if anyone could help me out here it would be well appreciated :)

Yea, I can think of a way that *might* get rid of the password, but I don't think I'm allowed to say......I don't wanna get regulated, heh.

Anyway, ask him for the password. If he doesn't give it to you, then he doesn't want you to use said computer.

and the point of a BIOS password is for complete computer protection. I do not believe that they build backdoor passwords into them....

Well anyway , You should ask your dad first , but if he has forgotten it , you could allways re-set the cmos to remove the pasword , but all your bios settings would be re-set as well

ok nvm this question...... It was for my use, he locks it up because im on 3 hours a day so he thinks im on the computer too much but everyone here cant tell me anything about hacking because of the forum policy.................................................:(

what does he have a password set for? windows? or bios?
i'm assuming windows... i presume he's the "admin". if he ever leaves it his acount logged in, you can just just delete YOUR account, and create a new one and not set a password.

OR, create a guess account, and set the login screen to win2k style where you type in the name of the user instead of clicking..

BTW this isn't hacking...

lol what a nice dream..... na he isnt that smart with computers all he knows how to do is put a bios password on since a friend taught him how to do that. If he has a windows password on i would of just used a keylogger but i dont think that anyone here can help me with finding it out since there is no hacking allowed on the forum.... If you know any other ways you could email me [email protected] .. thx for the help

DEadLOck said:
lol what a nice dream..... na he isnt that smart with computers all he knows how to do is put a bios password on since a friend taught him how to do that. If he has a windows password on i would of just used a keylogger but i dont think that anyone here can help me with finding it out since there is no hacking allowed on the forum.... If you know any other ways you could email me [email protected] .. thx for the help

ok then just clear the CMOS.....

you can also use programs like sisoft saundra and wcpuid to get enough information about the bios values, so when you reset it, you can change as many bios values back to what they were before you did this.

There might be a good reason his Dad wants to put a password on the computer. I wouldn't show him how to bypass it.

Now his father will have to ask his son for the “new” password.

The tide has turned!

modenaf1 said:
maybe it is so you dont overclock it? im not sure. what is keylogger?

Keylogger is a nice spying program that runs in the backround and records everything clicked, visited, or typed on your comp into a passworded encrypted file.

Paradoxmaker said:

Keylogger is a nice spying program that runs in the backround and records everything clicked, visited, or typed on your comp into a passworded encrypted file.

those program run in windows right? i don't see how it could record things typed in bios...

you could also get one of those ub key recorders. those just go in between the keyboard and the computer, and records EVERYTHING key the keyboard uses.

Back