• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB Heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cbakey

My NB heat sink on my A7N8X Dlx is very Hot, and I only have it running at 136 mhz fsb, is there a reason? I have the 1.04 rev of the board if that helps.

you could go out and buy a vantec iceberq and use that to cool the nb and the other small copper heatsink you get in the package could be used to cool the sb

if you don't want to spend any money, take of the nb heatsink, clean up that bubble gum thermal goop asus put on there and replace it with arctic silver 3

you could stop there but if you want to go an extra step, get a 40x40x20 fan and screw it on the nb, it fits very nicely i'm told my many

if you wanted to do some more, you could lap the nb heatsink and lap the nb itself(both the heatsink AND nb are concave for many ppl) but these last 2 things i do no recommend unless you're experienced in lapping....

all i did was clean up the bubble gum and put some as3 on there....

I have another Heat sink with an intergrated fan that is off a 1GHz PIII , that i am going to put onit once i cna buy some thermal epoxy. I will try to take it off and put the AS3 on it.

You could try to do that or put a fan directly on to the passive HS thats already there. That would help but I dont know if the P3 heatsink Idea would work too well. Either way you could test it out and see what goes well.

I just think that the performance would only be minimal at best. You could put a fan on the stock HS and probably get better cooling. Try it anyway and let me know.

Back