• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what settings for 8rga+ (problems HELP!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LilBuddy

i am having nothing but problems with my new setup:

1700+ DLT3C 0319
Epox 8rga+
2 256 Buffalo pc3200 with winbond
ATI Radeon 7500
Thermaltake Volcano 9

so from the beginning. i got it all together, and it wouldn't work with both ram chips in. so i got a new power supply, antec 350 watt. works sometimes and doesn't some other times.

the board just seems to be really picky about where the ram is. i have gotten it to run in dual channel, non dual channel, and with only 1 ram chip in there. it just works when it wants to.

anyone have any idea on why it isn't working?

and another question. what settings should i set my stuff at for some good performance? i have the vcore at 1.6, vdd at 1.8, ram settings are 7-3-3-2.5, and usually run it at 200x10.5 till i get all this mess sorted out and get a new heatsink to run higher voltage.

well, i may have the problem fixed, for some reason last night it got really mad and anytime it would get the slightest bump, it would lock up. i got so bad that even if i stepped on the ground 5 feet away it would lock up. so i found a screw that maybe was grounding out, took it out, and workin fine now. but in sandra, one thing i am concerned about is it says max memory is 1gb. and it should be 3.

this power supply is also runnin the 12v at 11.73. that seems really low. says it in the bios and in windows.

oh, i think now the ram is set at 5-2-2-2.5. maybe 6-2-2-2.5 at 2.7 volts. runnin good. sandra score is around 3100 for the memory.

Back