• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think 200 FSB is within reach now, but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G|-|oST

I have:

1700+ DLT3C 0310WPMW
ASUS A7N8X-DLX rev 1.04 bios 1004 Uber
ANTEC TruPower 430
2 x 256 Mushkin Black PC3200 Level II
SLK-800U + SmartFan II

originally, this would not do 200 FSB no matter what voltage or multi I used. Since then, I have done several things. Removed the NB heatsink, removed the ASUS thermal bubble-gum that was in between it and the chip, put some AS3 on it, and added a fan on top it. I also added a small heatsink and fan (from an old GeForce2 MX) onto the SB (with AS3 as well). All the fans are running off the power supply, not off the board. The memory is in single channel right now. I am able to boot at 200 x 11 for example, but Prime95 gives errors. What I managed to accomplish so far is stability at 192 x 12.5 = 2400. Are there any more little tricks that I haven't done yet to bump me up to 200 stable? I know the VDD mod would probably do it, but thats way too advanced for me to even attempt to do.

Anything else I should do???

Actually I don't think the temps are the issue at the moment. I played around with the fan settings and such and right now even at 2.4GHz the highest it will get is 46 (when priming). But when I try anything with 200 FSB, even at lower voltage and CPU speed, prime gives errors. The way I see it, this is still the board issue more than anything else.

I also tried setting the CPU FSB jumper on the board to 200 but that didn't do anything for me.

Know anybody you could "borrow" their ram for a bit from?

For testing purpose's.

I have a stick of Samsung 3200 that won't go over 190 in
my A7V333. (mobo issue thing)

but just maybe its the ram itself.
(like my 3200, not stable anywhere but @ 190-
150 not, 160 not 170 not 180 not 190 yes.)

Just a thought.
:cool:

here is a little bit of a noobish question.... the a7n8x dluxe it comes automaticallly with the pci bus fixed at 32mhz... you don't have to change it like you do to the agp right???

Back