• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacement window for chieftec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pummer

I have a chieftec case with premodded acrylic window. however, i have cracked said window drilling a blowhole in it. does anyone know of anywhere online that would sell pre-cut lexan, or even more necessary those little black thingies that hold the window in a chieftec?

For the lexan, try a local glass shop. If you give them the original window they cane make a duplicate. That will save you shipping and time if your in a hurry for a new window.

good idea. how much does lexan run pricewise?

EDIT: I can get lexan at www.mcmaster.com for $14.33 for a 24x24 sheet. Now does anyone know where I can get the black plastic things to hold the window in, or a method to remove them without breaking them? Also, if I do what I want with the lexan, it won't be nice and flush like the stock chieftec acrylic will it? I'll have to go to a local shop and have em take a look at it.

Last edited:
yeah i was looking at that, i just thought it might be cheaper to do it another way...

pummer said:
yeah i was looking at that, i just thought it might be cheaper to do it another way...

I had to replace the same window when I screwed it up on a jigsaw. Buying it from directron was the best way. Costs more, but saves you loads in time and aggravation.

OLD THREAD BACK TO LIFE

I also broke one of the feet off my Chieftec case transporting it this weekend... anyone know of replacements? I know Xoxide has lighted ones, but I don't want lighted ones, I just want black. Anybody know where I can get 'em??

You could try svc.com....I know they have lighted ones. They actually look kinda cool I think. How is everything inside your case? If you broke all 4 feet off, it seems to have taken a pretty good beating. Hope everythings alright within.

My case and everything in it is fine. How it happened was I had my case in the back of my Explorer on the way home, and had to stop kinda fast, and it slid forward a bit, and the back is carpeted, so one of the feet caught and then snapped off. That's all. I take great care of my puter stuff. :D

Also, I'm not really looking for the lighted ones. Too much money for me right now. I just need the basic plastic ones.

hey, if its up its up...anyone knoe where to get a replacement front door? i busted the tab off mine by accident :( the antec site has it for $6, but then $8 for shipping...seems a bit stupid to me.

Why waste all that money, go to home depot and buy some plexi glass and cut it out and make it yourself. It costs about 2 dollars for a 12" X 24" sheet.

Back