• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orange400

I created a ducting mod on my PC and ever since the case temps have been rising, and so far its at 40 degrees. Is this horrible?

your case temp is 40c?

If you duceted the air, how many fans do you have blowing into and out of your case?

If all the air is ducted, then the air in the case is standing still, and that causes lots of heat to stay in the case.

My guess: your cpu fan's intake is ducted to room air and you have little other intake.

Even with an exhaust fan or two, if you have little intake air going IN to the case, the exhaust will have a tough time geatting the heat out.

And for passive intake to work it needs NO obstruction- no case metal or plastic front bezel.
Tell us more about how you ran your duct and what kind of intake/exhaust fans you have running and we may be able to help a bit better ;)

Okay ... well my CPU is ducted out to the back, you're right about that. It's intake is ducted so the room air cools the CPU. But basically what I've set up is a little heater. I have a CPU fan right up next to a grill that cools off the HDDs, but looks like a need a chimney now :)

Yeah 40c is hot huh?

There! I cut a neat little hole and added an 80mm fan in two empty drive bay covers. It only took about 20 minutes, and my temps have dropped 3 degrees. I really need some more round cables to get this rig to work better, and a grill couldn't hurt :)

This looks great and it worked out nicely. I didn't expect to build it so smoothly (no problems on cutting and installation). Awesome.

Your problem seems like it is fixable by just getting work intake/exhaust power. Your computer will run better with slightly more intake over exhaust. This creates the much wanted static pressure.

Thank You,
Daniel

seems pretty high to me.
Room: 22.2C
Case/MB: 27.1C
CPU: 35.6C

Those are on rig in Sig and it has 7 case fans.

My t-bird box has a 80mm side intake and a 60mm exhaust.
Room: 22.2
Case/MB: 32C
CPU: 41C

The rest of my farm is in the basement where it is 19.4C. Most have case doors off so they run pretty cool.

Back