• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best VGA chipset cooler for ATI 9600Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

V8gent

Registered
what is the best VGA chipset cooler for ATI 9600Pro?

I've just purchased a 9600Pro and am not happy with the supplied HSF, it's flimsy. I plan to do some overclocking so I am wondering if there's a cooler that suits this card. I've has a look around but haven't been able to verify coolers like Crystal Orbs or Vantec Icebergs do actually fit.

The best coolers would be a IU HS with a 38CFM Fan or more. They will need to be modded to accomodate screw mounting or you can epoxy them to the GPU with thermal Adhesive. The lazy glue on the corners & thermal compound in the middle doesnt work because of the lack of clamp pressure which you need with thermal compound.

The have come out with a new version that should be better than the old ones...And they look good..

Be careful when using the newer Iceberq 4, it's larger in diameter than the regular Iceberq, and when mounted does not allow you to seat the 9600pro fully into the AGP slot. The side of the HS will butt up against the AGP slot before the card is set. I had to go back to the older, smaller Iceberq for the card to seat fully, but even that one is better than the factory HSF.

On a side note, the Iceberq 4 fits perfectly on a 9500pro, so that's where it found a home.

Back