• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am totally stumped (SCCI Raid controllers) On A7V8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thirstydg

Registered
I have finally come across one that has me stumped.
Asus A7V8X
XP2100 not over clocked
PC3200(crucial)512MB
Entermax 301 power supply
1 W/D 60 gig JB Hard drive
Two lite-on CD burners
Current BIOS flashed yesterday to 1012 from 1006
Windows XP Pro

Here's the situation I received this computer Friday from a customer and he stated the one CD burner went away and SCCI appeared in device manager.
I have since formatted the HD and put a 10 gig partition at the end of the drive.
Device manager tried to tell me it was a SCCI drive.(the 10 gig partition) So I disabled the controller in device manager.
I can see and use the 10 gig partition in My Computer.
The hard drive is master to primary and the CD burners are Master with a slave to the secondary.
Jumpers set accordingly.
I ran Mem test for 6 hours with NO errors.
SIS Sandra told me it can see the CD drives and they are configured wrong to SCCI? Ya no **** go figure.
DMA is enabled and I have set them to auto in the Bios,I also have set them to CD in the Bios.
The Bios recognizes them properly but windows XP Pro is not playing nice.
There is no way to disable the raid SCCI controller in the Bios WTF.
I have unplugged the CD burners one at a time with the same thing XP can see it but when you run them both together it only sees one?
The other is lost in space with Will Robinson but again everything is fine in the Bios.
I RTFM and it does not mention anything on how to DISABLE the controller(SCCI-Raid).

Any input would be welcomed.

(NOTE) Alcohol 120 and CD copy were installed in this computer upon its arrival,I have not asked the customer if he has flashed any firm ware.
Thanks

I have all the updates.
I found the problem and I can't beleive it.
It was a one of the CD burners going south.I have unpluged and tested to no avail it just would misbehave when I wanted it to.
Finally it went belly up,so I have since replaced it and wa la no problems everything it back to normal.

Back