• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Bios 19 for NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDawg41

Just saw their (abit-usa) posting of a new bios (19). Wanting to know who has had any luck, or trashing of their mobo with this new set? Many Thanks in advance.

:D

In my haste of looking at that bios... and doing the almighty mistake of updating it.......... ah yes.... my nf7-s is no longer working... Somehow, I've mistakenly looked at the nf7-s page and didn't either pay attention to which version it (bios update) was posted for or I misread the bios update under the nf7-2 without regards to the fine print.... either way, I'm out of a nf7-2 board.... nothing works after the update...........:mad:

Any ideas how to get this up and running again ? (tips, tricks, magic potion?) Or do I have a choice here to replace the bios chip?

thanx in advance.

You can try tuning off or unplugging the PS and using the CMOS discharge jumper to reset the CMOS. When you turn the PS back on, try rebooting the the computer while holding down the 'insert' key and keeping it held down. If it starts to post, pop in your 1.4 BIOS flash floppy while still holding down that key. Once in DOS type runme and hit enter. You should be able to reflash to 1.4.

If it just won't post, buy a BIOS rescue kit from ExcaliberPC for $15.

tks Audioaficionado,

My luck as always, nothing posts at all, no matter howmany times i've reset the cmos/battery.... nothing.

just got done ordering the rescue kit from excaliberpc.... man oh man....

must remember to read every line of instructions on the abit page!

Doh! :mad: :eek:

RedDawg41 said:
tks Audioaficionado,

My luck as always, nothing posts at all, no matter howmany times i've reset the cmos/battery.... nothing.

just got done ordering the rescue kit from excaliberpc.... man oh man....

Print them out beforehand ;)

Just use that rescue CMOS to post your computer. DON'T change the settings or flash it.

I'd get that 1.4 flash floppy ready and in the drive before you post. After you've posted and are in the basic flash DOS, hot swap the rescue CMOS with your corrupted CMOS and then flash the corrupted CMOS. After you're done, put that rescue CMOS in a safe place where you can find it if needed again.

RedDawg41 said:

haha i did the same thing. however i got lucky, and the bios simply wouldn't flash. then i realized i didn't download the right bios... :p

Back