• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this ghetto r9700np oc setup work??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

Hey guys, a couple a seconds ago i started to think about getting a zalman heatpipe to overclock my r9700np... it does quite well ramsinkless and with stock hsf as stated in my sig. The ghetoness on this stuff is i want to glue a 60x10mm overclockers fan i have lying around on the zalman heatsink above the gpu, and have better cooling than a crapola thermaltake giant... i would be pleased to get up to r9800 clocks, like 380/700

pls post your comments

My guess is with increased coolig you could get the core speed over the 700 mark, but i think they use slower ram on those cards, and sinks and v mods may be the only way to optain 9800 speeds on the ram.

As Mizzery said it would be hard to get the RAM modded so that you could over clock it well. Maybe what you could do is put some northbridge/GPU coolers on it. Or you could somehow mod the little RAM sinks to fit 40mm fans. You would be able to get cooler RAM temps if you went passive to active cooling on it.

Thank You,
Daniel

thnx for your help guys, thats a good idea arabian, but i dont have the electronic modding skills to bridge 8 small fans into a small molex connector, buy i have a friend that can. That and cooljag might help my quest for r9800 clocks. Vmods are outta the question, im not going to risk it that much.

Back