• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on SLK 800a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
I installed this a few weeks ago, but have a question on it. I usually get around 40-42 idle 44-46 load. MBM5 and PCalert give different temps, MBM5 being slightly lower. When I installed the SLK i used some on the base, then buffed it off, and applied a paper thin layer to the die, Place HS on die, made sure that the correct side of HS was over ledge of socket, and applie clip, only thing I noticed on this HS is that is a little shorter, but longer than most HS, so it doesn't quite cover the ledge of the socket. I have a TT smart fan 2 at full throttle getting these temps. My case is 28, ambient is 26-27, i have 2 front intakes 80mm, 2 top 80mm exaust, 1 80 mm side intake, and 1 80mm rear exaust. Do i have a bad mount? if so how can you really determine a bad mount. I am running an XP 2400 at stock 2.0 ghz, 133 FSB x 2 DDR. I am kinda disapointed with these temps because I see the same setups running 35 idle 40 load.

Thanks!

I have the same set up...I see 36-37 idle and 41c is the highest i've everseen....but whats your room temp...so long as the hsf is covering all the cpu your mounted good...you will see part of the socket...but make sure the hsf is covering the cpu as much as possible...mine was mounted incorrectly at first and i saw idle temps at 49c...o and your temps do seem fine...i think they're a little higher because of the room temp.

where you from in Indiana...Im from southern

Cool thanks for the reply, its probably just room temps, because it is upstairs. Im about 40 miles north of Indy.

I have a 2400xp also with an slk800a. My temps are always at load so I rarely see the idle. Not overclocked, the load hangs around 40C depending on ambient. I could make it hit 36 or so when it was cooler outside if I opened a window. Idle goes below 33 I know

Two things make my temps go up.

One is having my case side on. If I leave it off temps go down.
Take the side of your case off. Maybe it will help you trouble shoot you intake outake placements or speeds. From the looks of it however, you seem to be covered here.

Two is dust. My computer gathers dust very quickly because its on the ground. It take no time at all for the the fins to start gather large clumps. This hurts the temps.

Also, how are you measuring your temp? I have a small thermometer touching the side of the core with a little thermal paste on it

I have a lian-li PC-65 case. There are two intake fans, and one out with a powerful (and loud) PSU fan.

I have an NF7-S 2.0 with the proc at 2.2 GHZ and 200fsp at 1.7 volts. This would bring to 45C with case door on. Its of and is running at 40C now.

Now that I see what 28 C is in F (82), it simply has to be your ambient. Mine is around 21C or 70F. Get AC if you can. Actually considering your ambient, those temps aren't bad at all.

Your temps look fine. With a 24.5°C ambient and 1.86 VCore, my rig runs 46°C max on load.

Back