• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the 8RDA+ a problem board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

My friend needs a new board (he has an ECS K7AMA), and the 8RDA+ is much cheaper than the abit. He won't really be overclocking. It's stable and not flaky right? [IE Asus A7N8X!!]

thanks eh?, so the general concensus is that they are decent? What about the dude a couple posts down ranting about newegg refunds and such?

feel free to look at my sig....
my 8RDA works great.. at 200fsb+ with no mod but a sb hs.... which dont really do anything lol

newegg... is the best place you can ever shop at....you can rma anything

The 8RDA+ is a problem board if you make it a problem board. ;)

No, seriously, the rate of returns is really no higher or lower than any other motherboard. And as EspElement said, if yours breaks, newegg will always RMA.

That being said, I've had my 8RDA+ v1.1 for four months now running heavily OC'd and modded with no problems at all.

Going on 6 months with no problems and had the vdd set from 1.84-1.91 for about 3 month's.

Well to make a long story short 2 months ago, I had to build a pc for my uncle, I went through 2 nf7's and I got the 8rda+ and it worked like a dream. I just bought my brother one yesterday and it's awesome.

So I would say in my opinion it's not a problem board.

DEZMOND said:
I've been running mine at 1.84 vdd for over 3 months,no problems at all.

i've had my board since the end of february... so 4 months now...

i did my mod over 3 months ago, and i happen to run the exact same voltage as you... i had the vdd at 1.84V the whole time too... and i never had a problem with it....

oh, i run 2.04-2.08 vcore, and had it as high as 2.15

No complaints here. I've built 2 computers with the 8RDA+. They were the first computers I've ever built. 100% trouble free. As long as you read your manual and maybe even do some research online I don't think you will experience any problems. I've even recommended this board to a friend. And the price is right. :)

My first 8RDA+ died with bad bios chip after two days (when i tried up fsb to 175).

Second 8RDA+ is different storry.
So far I've done many bios flashes, lots of bios changes without any problem - well maybe some C1 errors ;) .
Now im running 220fsb after vdd mod and its working great :D

Generaly its a very good board but you may find it sometimes "funky". However at stock speed it should not give you problems.

frostmoon said:

........Generaly its a very good board but you may find it sometimes "funky". However at stock speed it should not give you problems.

Care to specify what you mean by "funky"?

(I am considering a 8rda+ (to do some OC'ng with) over the nf7-2.0 to save $ (poor college student)

I love my 8rda non plus and it's been thru 6 month's of overclocking form a noob and it still work's been thru many mod's and about 6 cpu's and about 3 ssticks of ram.

jonspd said:
I love my 8rda non plus and it's been thru 6 month's of overclocking form a noob and it still work's been thru many mod's and about 6 cpu's and about 3 ssticks of ram.

Why/how is your 8rda going through so much ram and cpu's?
do they die, get replaced by better components, ????

I love my 8RDA+, no problems. Although I have not looked at the newer Epox boards, but one has Vdd voltage perameter in the BIOSso I've heard. . .therefore no mod needed.

My 8rda+ is great. I had an issue with Mushkin PC3200 black. I know other brands have some issues. Search these boards for more. I had to boot off a Crucial PC2100 stick change BIOS settings, then I was able to use the Muskin. Very frustrating at first.

I am also dissatisfied with the placement of the IDE conenctors. They are at the bottom of the board. I have a full tower case that had an ASUS CUSL2 in it, and the drives were spaced out well since the connectors were in the middle. I had to go and get a 24" and a 36" rounded cable to space the drives apart.

Other than that, the board hasn't let me down. You just need patience when overclocking and testing. I am going on a month and still am fine tuning the cooling and the FSB/mem settings.

Back