• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the wattagIs there anyway to tell e of an unmarked Pelt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

Is there anyway to tell the wattage of an unmarked Pelt?

I picked one up on eBay a while back in one of those surplus auctions and was thinking about using it as a vid cooler. Only problem is, I have no idea what any of the specs are on it. I'm guessing it might be a 52 watt, but that's just a shot in the dark. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yep. If you look at the ratings for a pelt, you just have to measure the current when you've plugged it into a suitable psu. In your case, make sure you can supply 20amps or so to the pelt.
I have a couple of 226watt pelts at home though, the dimensions are 50mm by 50mm by 3.6mm thick. As far as what current = what TEC, I'm not completely sure; the max voltage and current ratings of a given peltier seem to give about 1.9 times the actual rated wattage of the module. Remember - a TEC's rating is given in watts as the amount of heat it transfers, not the amount of current it draws.

Back