• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cold cathodes and thermalright

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

I just got home from the local wholesaler with somthing that i thought was just damn cool. im sure all of you have heard of or even use currently, Cold cathode fans. These are a wonderful idea, giving a massive amount of light in the form of a fan XD i love it. I just baught a red one to fit my kt 4 ultra board and sk7. it looks so cool to look down the fan and see light glissening off my shiny copper joy. And im quite impressed at the air flow of this fan as well. this fan is able to keep my xp 1600+ idling at 39ºC with its 31 cfm. for the noise level this fan produces, this is quite a bit. i cant even hear it.

although, with the bonus comes a negative... and mounting this thing was slightly less than joyful. The 80 mm spring mounts for my sk7 had a hard time stretching over the cathode and the fan. forget adding a grill of any kind with these heat sinks. however, fan grills add to the noise level somewhat for their resistance of air flow. the less restricted, the less noisy and im loving this. I wouldnt recomend it for ocing.

now what looks friggen pimp is my thermal take smart fan 2 with this thing on it. with the cathode shining down that big orange thing, wee. I only wish the springs were long enough to mount it with the grill.

ha ha. this is my first cathode for a pc. im kinda lovein it. dont mind me.

yeah, i'm still trying to pick out a color, but first i gotta figure out all my fan placements.

these things are REALLY bright. one is enough to light pretty much any case out there. I have my case closed and without a window, it still lights the room with red. kinda cool actully. I picked red for my mobo. and..i like red ^^

Back