• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new NF7-S and heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos Snake

Ok just got my NF7-S and i have a few heatsink questions. I got a Vantec Iceburg(copper) for my northbridge also. What i was wondering is also with my Vantec kit comes 2 smaller heatsinks, would one of them be enough for my south bridge or should I use the ABIT northbridge heatsink/fan on the southbridge?

Personally, I'd buy something better to use on that Southbridge. When my temp gets too high, I lose stability and games usually go the way of Pentium MMX...Use your new cooler for your Northbridge and buy something better than that cheap aluminum(if it's even that) heatsink/fan, like an orb or something along those lines. But if you are strapped for cash, pick up a thermal pad or some AS epoxy and put that Abit thing on there. Good luck...

I did have the larger of teh littel heatsink on the south bridge, but today I took it off, because I touched it and couldn't hold my hand there for more thana second. This was on the top edge of the heatsink!

So, I took the stock northbridge cooler and put that on it.

Back