• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good CPU temp monitor [hardware]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wuzzapiman

The Nexus looks inviting...can it fit inside a cheiftec door? How do you install the sensors so they dont interupt with cooling?

Hmmm...are you trying to use it to monitor CPU temps? you can put it on the HS right next to the CPU. That would be the best approach. However, you still will not get a full accurate reading of the on-die temp as your probe will still be influenced by system temps.

The Nexus works well. So do CompuNurse and DigiDoc.

Bad spot.

Unless you want to sac cooling and drill a hole down thrgouh the heatsink/block to stick the probe right above the core <breath> The best place is to slide te probe between the heatsink and the CPU until it runs into the core.

That'll be 100X more accurate than any on-die temp reader that's thus been released.

Compunurse woot! $5-7 goodness, two thin probes!

i need a temp sensor thingy with 2 temps sensors at least, i know about the nexus, i'd love to buy it but i don't wanna spend too much on it

hardcano 2 is also good but it looks ****ty compared to the nexus

how's the compunurse? i've never even heard of it

Compunurse woot! $5-7 goodness, two thin probes!

is it really 5-7 bucks???

Puer Aeternus said:
CompuNurse pics and review

The review is a couple of years old I think...so the price shown is probably wrong.
For the cost you could buy a few of these to monitor all your parts..be a little hairy w/ all those extra wires but a cheap temp monitor

You got to it while I was looking for it. :D

It doesn't seem like you'd want the compunurse, seeing as you'd want something that looks cool and is easy to mount in a drive bay. I'd probably mount that thing on my monitor to make it easier to see. The cord looks long enough to reach. :p

Damn...the battery, what was I thinking:eek: I actually threw the whole thing out(slaps own hand).

the price that you see is probably outdated...check your fave online vender, it may be cheaper..it should be cheaper.
Hope this helps...but looks like NedLogic is right..you have your eyes on the fancy hardcano....whatever works for ya:)

i don't want anything fancy but if i'm going to pay $15 for something why not spend another 4-5 and get something fancy

i've only found the compunurse for $15 and $14

no one on ebay has it either!!!!

i just got a harcano 9 and i was pleasantly surprised. comes with 1 temp monitor, a screen for showing min and max temps the things has reached, and 4 rheostats.

I really like the DigitalDoc5 for many reasons. For one they can monitor the temps of 8 things in your case. They can have fans turn on and off when that temp sensor reaches a certain temp. They also monitor you voltage. Despite the price a DigitalDoc5 is a great option. You can get them at www.3dcool.com.

Thank You,
Daniel

thanks for the link GameFAQsRolo, i think i'll order one... i hope they ship to canada aswell... yarg i'll order 2 so i can watch my cpu temp as well, first one if for keeping an eye on my vid card

nan0_man said:
I use a shim and im wondering, can i just cut a gap in it to accomodate the temp sensor(flat one)?

well since the shim is mainly used for preventing your cpu core from getting crushed i'd say there's no harm at all in making some room for the sensor

Back