• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Uses EasyTune? Worth It?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheapherk

I've never tried EasyTune. I've always overclocked using the bios. I have had absolutely horrible results using the bios to overclock. I know this isn't the best overclocking board, but I can barely overclock my system at all. I've screwed around with different voltage setting & FSB speeds with no luck.

I never took EasyTune seriously, so I never have tried it.
Gigabyte GA-7VAX
Windows XP Professional SP1
Athlon XP 2400+ (cooled with TT Volcano 9)
512 MB Corsair XMS3200 C2
ATI Radeon 9700
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
(2) 40 Gig WD7200 rpm Hard Drives

Last edited:
You dont say what mobo you have, or atleast I cant see it.
As for EasyTune,Personally I dont use it, but its OK but just for a quick try, once you have played with it then go into the BIOS and set it up for real.
Hood

I have the same board and I'm running at 170 FSB. The only thing I can see that would limit your OC is your CPU and/or temperatures. You should be able to change your settings easily within BIOS. BTW, I would suggest a different cooler if you want to get a good overclock on your CPU. Oh do you know what stepping your CPU is? That would help us determine its ability to overclock.

OPN Number: AXDA2400DKV3C
Processor Core: Thoroughbred
Revision: B0
Generation: 7
Model: 8
Stepping: 1

I'd be anxious to hear some of your successful Bios setting.
I'm using F10

Thanks guys.

First thing I would say is make sure you have all you hold dear backed up. It isnt that likely but there is a chance you could corrupt your HDD and lose your info.

Ok your memory is good for OCing but how you go about it will depend on which Rev of the mobo you have. If its the Rev1.0/1.1 then you will have to do the wire trick so you can set the multi down to 12.5x or less. If its the Rev 1.2 then you will have to join the solder dots right next to SW1 to allow you to get the 166FSB.

I will wait for you to say which Rev mobo you have as I am lazy and dont want to have to write out two different replies. I will have to get it up on my site so I can just point people to it, but never seem to have the time at the moment.

Hood

BTW nice to see you back nerdlogic, see you are sprouting some whiskers now. LOL , did you end up getting that kitty case.

OK with the Rev 1.1 you have the disadvantage of only being able to get up to 12.5x multi (not really a prob when FSB ocing though) but the benefit of being able to set your FSB to 166 by the dips.
First thing you will have to do is the wire trick, or alternativley you could join the 5th L3 bridge on the CPU with coductive paint. You will see how to do the wire trick HERE .
Set the multi down to about 10.5x and SW1 to 166FSB, then boot into windows and do some testing. If all is well then start increasing the FSB in 4 or 5 MHz steps, testing each step. Then once you have found your Max FSB its a case of finding how high your 2400 will go. To do that start increasing the multis, it may be an Idea to have the FSB back at 166 when doing that. You will get the best system performance by running your CPU and DDR in sync and also by having the highest FSB for your max CPU speed. What I mean by that is if you have 10x 182FSB you will get much better performance than 12x 166FSB even though your CPU MHz is approx the same (HIGH FSB= Bandwidth=:D )

Any questions or anything your not sure of just post and someone will be able to help im sure.

Hood

Abt your casing

Hi HOOD,

Are you havinga watercooling system in your casing? I saw in a web site exact casing with intergrated water cooling colution. So where did u buy that one and is that compnay accept international orders?

Its not water cooling, its Phase Change cooling. In effect its like a freezer that fits on to the CPU and cools the core to sub-zero temps. You can get them sent to anywhere in the world but they are expensive. You will be able to see/get them here . You can also get stand alone units if you want to fit them into your own case(if its big enough) and also they do a nice watercooling setup now.
Hood

Back