• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7-S raid funny problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok I just got this system setup and I have one 80 gig Western Digital hard drive. I attached the sata plug to the drive and also attached the power connecter. I dont have a usb keyboard and I can cruse in the bios just fine, When it says press F4 or ctrl+S to enter the Raid Utility, I press and it wont enter. I have tryed several times and I just won't recoginze me pressing either of the two options. And when it continues on it says that no drives are connected. Is this a bios issue? I am running the v2. Should I upgrade to the latest bios?

Are you doing a clean install and what OS are you using? if its xp you need to load the driver by hiting f6 at the start and load the driver for the sata

Ok I see. Well a new problem has arisen (SP?) I just hook my HD back up to normal ide and run into windows. I want to do a reformat so I threw my stuff over my lan to my dads comp. I shut windows down and decided to try some overclocking (I had just gotten the comp up and running and I am running a chiller water system, the water is at -20c so I get some nice results)

anyways I get to 2500 mhz on my 2500 barton with only one post fail because I set the volt core too low, then I wanted to run into windows once more

but when the boot finished windows said it was missing some files. One was a file in the system32 thats all I remember so I restarted and then it says that some dlls are missing. So I turned it off. I was going to reformat anyways but it sort of spooked me. Is this a hardware problem or is this some virus or is it windows knowing it was going to be reformatted? How will I know it wont happen again? I had my entire setup off for a whole week.

Back